Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bouncing from Subject to Subject...

I can't believe my due date is tomorrow. Even if she's not born tomorrow, I'm still in shock that my pregnancy is almost over. I feel like it's just flown by, even though it's been over nine months.

I think I'm ready for her to be here, to-do listwise. My Christmas shopping is done (except for 2 stocking stuffers which I'm picking up today). Her room is ready, including my glider. Her stuff has all been washed, folded, and put away. Her swing gets here on Wednesday.

Basically, all the "stuff" is done.

But now, I'm wondering, am I really ready for this? I mean, it's not like I have a choice because she'll be here. And I'm so ready to hold her in my arms. But am I ready?

Two nights ago, I had dreams I forgot her somewhere - one time at my Mom's house, the other in a library. I know this won't happen because Emily and I are going to stay home for a couple of weeks at least so we can get used to this huge change for us both. Plus, I don't go to the library and I'm pretty sure it's more likely that Mom would try to keep her there longer rather than me forgetting to take her home.

(On a side note, I had a talk with my mom about the perks of grandparenting. I'm thinking, next blog?)

Oh, I forgot to mention my OBGYN appointment! So I had my appointment on Thursday. I was totally nervous because I've heard from everyone who has mentioned it that checking for dialation hurts bad. I found out - apparently, I'm not everyone lol. He checked me, it took maybe 30 seconds or so. He said I was more than 1cm dialated and 50% effaced. He said he thinks he'll see me before my next weekly appointment (which is Wednesday). If I do make it to my next appointment and I've made no progress, he will schedule me to be induced on December 19th (the day after my birthday). I hope she's born before that.

I know I've been saying all this time how cool it would be to have her born on my birthday (and I still think it would be cool) but I realized a few days ago that it would really only be cool for me. So I hope we don't have the same birthday.

My last day of work was Tuesday. It's been nice to just be home and get ready this week, even though I still went to town every day but Saturday :)

I better go - gotta get to church!

No comments:

Post a Comment