Sunday, October 16, 2011

Moving, not shaking!

I'm having a pretty good weekend.

Accomplishment #1:
Went grocery shopping for the next two weeks and resisted buying the baby stuff I registered for.
To be fair, I only have a couple of things on my registry. Mostly bath stuff. But I have been firmly instructed to NOT buy anymore baby stuff until after my baby shower next weekend.

Accomplishment #2:
Learned to swaddle a baby a.k.a. made a baby burrito.
I had my second-to-last birthing class this week, "Happiest Baby on the Block." I learned how to soothe a colicky baby using the 5 S's (Swaddle, Side/Stomach, "Shh" i.e. white noise, Swinging, and Sucking), how to determine if it is actually colic, how to properly swaddle a baby, and a few other things. I also learned some interesting facts, like the fact that the baby recognizes the mother instantly and that talking to the baby while in the womb will make it so within 5 MINUTES of the baby being born, she will recognize those voices. How cool is that?

Accomplishment #3:
Began packing the house.
I'm working on this as we speak. I have the whole house to packing and we start moving boxes next Tuesday, I believe. I spread out the packing over the next week. But there's a lot to do.

On a side note, I just found out that one of my friends is also pregnant! My friend Sarah L. just found out that she is pregnant with her first child with her husband Shane. BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment