Sunday, October 2, 2011

I'm so sorry I've been gone!

I know my blog had a little vacation for the last month and it's been a weird one.

Right now, I'm starting my 31st week which means we are now in a countdown :) My mom has put together a calendar for bets of when she will be born to spice it up a bit. Maybe we will use it at my baby shower? Who knows? :) Now that I'm in week 31, I finally am looking the part. It's kind of funny - I've spent the whole pregnancy WISHING I looked 7 months pregnant but I never thought about the FEELING 7 months pregnant. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm milking it or anything, but sitting up? Not as easy as before! She's not really high in my ribcage though so I can breathe nicely (unlike some of the other pregos I know). However, I think she likes to head-butt my bladder because almost every time I stand up or someone pokes my belly (thanks, Mom), I have to pee. I'm getting tired again (which I was expecting) and realizing I would like to be at home more.

I don't think that becomig a homebody is a side effect of the last trimester, but I certainly prefer it. I'll probably prefer it more when Emily is here.

What else have I done? Oh! I started attending a birthing class a few weeks ago. Mom went with me to the first one since Eric was still in training. She got upset that, when we were introducing ourselves, I didn't say I'm married. So, to make sure people knew this, her subconcious slipped it in during our hospital tour. Overall, the class has been really helpful in understanding what my body will go through. Eric was there the second week where they showed a birth and then the afterbirth. Poor man - I've never seen a more horrified look on his face than when the placenta came out. The teacher commmented on what a beautiful and healthy placenta it was. Eric replied, "There is nothing beautiful about that!" (He was really grossed out, to say the least. Then again, the placenta looked like an alien stomach, so there's not a lot of room for "pretty.") We also have a booklet for the class. That reminds me - it's a Sara Lee bagel, by the way. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here.) Eric wasn't at the third class but we watched a Cesarean birth in animation. All I will say about that at the moment is, I will avoid that at all costs.

I have to take my 1-hour glucose again since I'm past 28 weeks. I'm taking it Tuesday and my next OB appointment is Friday. At my last appointment, I was told to gain a pound a week but I think I went over by 2 or 3 pounds on my anniversary weekend.

I have to go right now but I'll post belly picture later.

No comments:

Post a Comment