Monday, June 4, 2012

Post-Pregnancy Belly Fat: Friend or Foe?

I think that every woman would agree with me if I were to say that losing the post-pregnancy fat sucks. For me, the weight fell off and, by the 6-week postpartum visit, I was about 20lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. That belly fat, however, was here to stay. I still couldn't fit my old jeans or wear my old shirts and, even though I am now 55lbs lighter than full-term, my clothing has received none of those benefits.

However, since I'm always the optimist, I have 4 perks this belly fat:
- It's easy to balance the baby on with one arm while you get the crib ready.
- It's an excuse to get to wear sweatpants all day (if you aren't leaving your house. But I have left with my sweatpants on before).
- It's an opportunity to buy new clothes for the "in between" while you lose the weight.
- The baby has a comfortable spot to sit while facing you.

So, next time you're thinking about how you don't like how you look in your jeans or how that C-section scar ain't NEVER going away, just think...

"I should go shopping."

No comments:

Post a Comment