Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 7 and Updates

Emily turns seven weeks old tomorrow. I feel like the weeks have flown by fast but I know they didn't when I was in them.

I didn't expect to have a handle on things yet. I anticipated many more sleepless nights than I had and I guess I had those for the first few weeks. But right now, it's just before 11pm, and she's in bed. She will probably be asleep for a while. I try to give her a break from being woken so often during the day when she goes to sleep at night.

She had her very first trip to church on Sunday. Everyone kept saying how "precious" and "beautiful" she is. All I could reply was "I happen to agree." I was particularly excited to see Kadin, my friend Christina's son. I showed him the "baby that came from my belly" and he told my that my belly was shorter. I'll take it! :) Either way, she slept the whole time and I felt so good being back. However, I could barely take my eyes off of Emily so I need to learn to trust that she will be fine if I'm not staring at her.

I finally took my long-awaited bubble bath on Saturday night. It was divine.

My 6-week postpartum checkup went well. I went over my options as far as not getting pregnant right away and I think we made a decision. Other than that, I can't wait to play on my Wii finally.

(In case I forgot to mention it, Eric got me a Wii for Christmas!)

I don't know how I'm able to just relax right now with all this stuff with Emily. I mean, on those first few days, I thought her crying would never end! Now, I only hear her cry when I take her away from food so I can burp her or when she wakes to eat in the middle of the night. She's so good!

I gotta get ready for bed but I just wanted to keep every posted. I have a pediatrician appointment on Thursday so we will see the progress at that point!

No comments:

Post a Comment