Monday, February 20, 2012

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind."

I've been reminding myself of that for my parenting lately. I'm blessed in the way that most people have been super supportive of my choices with Emily. I'm hoping that's because of my "good instincts," as my mom phrases it and not because people think I'm crazy. I mean, it's possible but unlikely.

This week, I was able to bring her to church and the grocery store where she stayed awake for both. At church, I wanted to keep her with me. I don't see the point in bringing her to the nursery if she is quiet and not fussy during service. I knew her feeding was coming at noon so I went to the nursery then to feed her and, since she fell asleep in my arms, I stayed. Plus, it was very nice to have time to chat with Pat. Either way, I don't see it as a problem to keep her with me. I know how to keep her calm during service and it's good for her to be in there.

At the grocery store, she was a little fussy for a minute or two in the middle but then she fell asleep. This elderly woman saw her in the store and she told me that my daughter was precious and said she could pass for the Gerber baby. We chatted for a bit and she said to take in every second because if I don't, I'll miss it.

Trust me - I love every waking and sleeping moment with Emily and I'm still stunned how much I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment