Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Eyes on the Prize

I really want to stay at home with Emily for the first year.

I was talking with my friend Joanne yesterday and she told me, if I really to stay home, I need keep my eyes on the prize. I need to figure out a way to stay at home. Does anyone have ideas, especially my stay-at-home mommies?

With the position that Eric just accepted out of Wal-mart, there's tons of potential for going up in the company. Within 3 years, I probably won't have to make the decision of working or not; just if we want to have another child. But by then, Emily will be almost 3 and I don't want to pay someone else if it's just going to cost my paycheck anyway.

I have had a few ideas rolling around which I'm researching - Find a work from home position (harder than it sounds), work part-time for 20 hours a week, take on a position as a caregiver, and there's a few others. Any help with any of the above ideas would be greatly appreciated. All I really need to make is $800 a month for us to not lose any income, less if Eric makes his bonus each quarter.

Either way, I know I need to do whatever I can to be a great mommy to Emily. Just have to figure out a few kinks in the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment