Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving... where did the month go?

Yesterday, we celebrated a holiday that I've been looking forward to for my entire pregnancy: Thanksgiving. :)

For the last few years, we have been getting together with my family for the holiday. We celebrated our first married Thanksgiving with just the two of us but let's face it - there's nothing like Mom's cooking. So instead, we bring over a dessert and a side or two. The dessert I (have been told I must always) make is pecan pie, by instruction of Susan and Eric.

I tried to do a chocolate-swirl cheesecake with chocolate graham cracker crust instead last year...


... but let's just say the troops rebelled...


I made my pecan pie yesterday morning and it turned out beautiful. Consistency, everything! I am ashamed to say I bought a crust but I didn't care....



Well, I let my pie cool for an hour and it came out amazing. I went to go wrap it up and there was a pecan missing out of the top. You can guess who did it...


When my mom asked me what happened, I told her to ask her son-in-law. That man should know better than to mess with my Thanksgiving pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment