Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Mom, the giver

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting my mom, this blog may be the only time you get close to "meeting" her, since I frequently blog about moments with my mom. Specifically, I have blogged recently about her sense of humor in regards to comparing my feet to particular small, processed meat. (If you didn't read that blog, please click here before going any further.)

I'm pretty sure one of my mom's primary love languages is Giving Gifts and she does this VERY well. Case in point - last year for Christmas, I told her my favorite color is red so she gave me a huge bag with about 20 or so gifts, all RED. There was kitchen stuff, silly string, party streamers, tons of stuff! In short, my mom is very creative and I love that about her.

However, I have learned that she is also very witty and sneaky. She called me up a couple weeks ago and told my voicemail that she had found a gift for me that she wanted to give me after work. I never say no to gifts :) so I told her I would come by after work. I stopped over and she showed me that she had gotten me a few things and gave me the first to open...


She said they reminded her of me. I'm not seeing it...



You may notice that the can is open. That's because my husband ate them. I explained to him when I brought them home that they were meant as a joke but apparently he felt that his hunger was not.

Oh and for the record, I painted those toes myself on Thanksgiving. Yep, at less than 3 weeks from my due date, I gave myself a pedicure. I don't know how it happened, but I achieved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment