Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Aches and Pains... aren't that bad!

We have just entered a time of back-aches. Not even the memory foam on the bed works. I asked some friends on Facebook for tips on easing the backpain. The answer I received?

"Ah, at this point, it will ache all the time."

Great...

On another note, I had my OB appointment yesterday. The medical assistant takes me back, weighs me (I'm right on track for gain), gets Emily's heartbeat on the Doppler (132 bpm), and so I get up. Then, I am informed that I'm having my group B strep test (click the link if you want to know) this week instead of week 36 (next week). Surprise!

Now, my wonderful coworker has freaked me out for everything from painful pelvic exams to my bellybutton never going back in (which it hasn't come out yet) and so I got all worried. But it's painless. Just not comfortable to have to lay on my back :( All that anticipation for nothing! I told her that she can continue to freak me out so nothing is as bad as it is portrayed to be. I'm hoping this psychological trick helps me in labor...

But I'm going to take a wild guess and say it'll hurt either way.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I doubt your belly button will stay out, mine didn't come out until the last couple weeks, and it went right back in once I didn't have a baby stretching out my middle. :)

    And I know what you mean about "encouraging" friends haha. Before I went to get my membranes swept and one of my friends told me it was EXTREMELY painful, when it was really nothing compared to labor. And yes, labor sucks.. I seriously didn't worry about it at all, thinking it was a natural thing and I'd turn out fine, (Which I did) but I can say, I started panicking toward the middle. I kept telling Thomas I didn't want to have another baby for like 10 years, and that I felt like I was dying. So, I won't try to sugarcoat it for you. However, don't get discouraged either! It's hard, but so totally worth it. :) I love being a mom!!

    ReplyDelete