Thursday, December 27, 2012

Wait, where were we?

We made it through the holidays!!

I should catch up because a lot has happened in the last two weeks...

First, I had a small get-together a few days before my birthday. My whole family was able to make it and a couple friends. I had a good time and enjoyed an afternoon focused on me, as selfish as it sounds. Emily gobbled down one of my strawberry cupcakes and really enjoyed playing with her pal, Vivienne.

A few days later, we celebrated Emily's birthday on the day before her birthday. She was able to Skype with Eric's parents but was very tired. When I took her upstairs for her bottle, she threw up. I thought it was a one time thing but she threw up a few more times before 1am. We were hoping she would wake up on her birthday and feel better but she was sick for 3 days :( I felt so bad for her but she seemed to have a great attitude and was only upset when she threw up. Also, her birthday brought her a new tooth and a new word: "Pretty." This was mostly in reference to the Christmas tree but she's working on the meaning. As soon as she was better, Eric spent the night throwing up.

The good news? They were both better by Christmas AND I didn't get sick. Emily was excited to open gifts but she soon was bored with that and just wanted her toys. Between her gifts from us and my parents, I don't know what to get her with the gift cards from my mother-in-law and Eric's grandmothers.

Emily had her one-year appointment yesterday and she is still in the percentile bracket that Dr. Smith said she needs to be at. She is 30 inches tall and 23lbs 1oz (2lbs grown since her 9-month appointment). I think she would've weighed more if she hadn't been sick but Dr. Smith said she is perfectly proportional. He gave the okay to start switching to milk and said it's time to say bye-bye to the bottle. So, today, we went out and got a transitional sippy cup that is supposed make it an easy transition. We shall see about that!

I think that catches us up. Oh, and Emily is finally eating well today. So she is basically stealing my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment