Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Relax!

The next few days, I plan to relax.

I know that this isn't a word I normally use in describing my days, but it's my mission. Which almost is unrelaxing. I digress...

Eric's parents will be flying in this Thursday to meet their granddaughter for the first time. I'm a little bit stressed... No, "stressed" is the wrong word. I'm not sure what the right word is. But that's not the point.

For the last couple of weeks, I've been preparing the house - dusting fans, vacuuming, mopping, getting the guest room ready, stocking up breastmilk, grocery shopping, all of that. I haven't had anyone over 24/7 for a whole week ever, much less since Emily was born. I just want to be ready when they get here so we can show that we've been taking care of the house. I have forgotten to prepare myself.

I haven't spent a week with anyone other than Eric or Emily since youth camp. I wasn't even housing them; it was just the same cabin. And it was simple because I was in charge and there was no conflict there. Here, it's a little more complicated - we're staying in their house with their stuff and our stuff, using their furniture, sleeping in their master bedroom at a house that they are technically still in charge of but we are living in and have the freedom to do what we want in. I just don't know how it will be while they are here. Will they assert their authority and it will be like we are staying with them, not vice versa? If so, how do I assert my authority in regards to Emily since she has certain routines? If not, am I supposed to take care of their things as guests, such as laundry and tidying after them?

This is why I choose to relax for the next few days. All that needs to be done is vacuuming (Eric) and sweeping the kitchen (me). Tomorrow, I'll load up the laundry. I need to relax thought because I've been on overdrive and probably been worrying about all the wrong things. I'm going to spend time with my daughter and relaxing with books and movies.

Or shopping online.

Or giving myself a pedicure.

Wow, I need to NOT make a list of to-do's for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment