Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013 - You better be good!

I should start by saying that Emily has had a cold since the first day of the new year. Its slowly drifting away but the worst was day 3 - she barely let me put her down all day. She even fell asleep between her 2nd nap and bedtime. Her two normal 90-minute naps have been between 2.5 and 3 hours up until a couple days ago. She seems to be getting better but I have been keeping her home since day 3. Thankfully, my mom watched her on Monday so I could grocery shop.

Okay, enough with catching up. I have made a decision that I don't want to be the "no" person I have been for most of 2012. Now, I decided this on New Years Eve and I am 99% certain that Emily was sick from the New Years' party I said "yes" to attending, but there's no way I could've known that would happen. I want to actually have friends when we move back to Sierra Vista so I need to be a 50/50 person for yes/no instead of a 5/95 for yes/no.

My effort to make this happen is an easy rule - don't let more than a month go by without saying "yes" to plans or making the plans myself. The only way this will be changed is if the thing I am offered to do is dangerous/illegal/unsafe.

Also, I have a new goal for myself - I want to lose 5lbs a month until December. That will get me closer to the weight I want to be for our next pregnancy and it goes with the timing. Five pounds is manageable and achievable. Plus, the pace makes it easier to keep off.

Now, I will ask myself a question I miss hearing - how are you, Krystle?
Well, today, I am happy my daughter is almost better. Lonely, because my husband isn't home. Grateful, because my husband is sacrificing so I can continue to be a stay-at-home mom. Exhausted, because Emily seemed to get into everything tonight. And I am looking forward to relaxing while watching Desperate Housewives because I realize I am thrilled that their drama is not baggage for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment