Saturday, July 28, 2012

My 100th Post (with some BIG news)

I was going to have another title but, when I logged in to start a post, I was informed that I have written 99 posts. Boy, do I have a way to celebrate! And I couldn't be happier to write this entry.
Emily said her first word. :)

Before I begin, I've been encouraging her a lot with this word all week. Tonight, I was buckling her in her carseat after leaving Wal-Mart and she has been making noises a lot. Then, she slowly says, "Mmmmmmmm-mom." My eyes popped out. My jaw dropped. Hers did too. (She copies me a lot, something I will need to always keep in mind.)

I immediately called Eric and my parents. On our drive to see Eric at work, she said it again!! I thought to myself, Now I know it wasn't just a fluke. We visited Eric and she wouldn't say a word. As we got back to the neighborhood, she sat in her carseat and said, "Momma, momma, momma."

I have never had a warmer heart than tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment