Saturday, March 3, 2012

Emily's first cold

Emily and I officially both have colds.

She was starting to show signs yesterday - sneezing more than usual, not sleeping during the day. I figured it's because I had dusted so there was dust in the air and that she didn't sleep much during the day since she slept so well the night before. Then, this morning, I woke up to the sad little sound of her waking herself with sneezing and coughing. I fed her and got her to sleep again and she slept another two hours.

I'm trying different things to help, since I know you can't really "cure" a cold; you can only treat symptons. So far, I:
- Brought her in the bathroom while I showered in the guest bathroom so she could have the steam work on her sinuses.
- Bought a humidifier.
- Used one of those "nose suckers."
- Let her sleep in her carrier (which she has been asleep in for almost 2 hours now).
- Rubbed VICKS on her feet.

One thing I have noticed - she might be the only baby I have ever seen that loves getting her nose wiped. Everytime I wipe her nose after she sneezes, she smiles. At least I know she's keeping a good attitude and I'm doing my best to keep a good one with her so she's not miserable. I have had so many smiles from her today.

On an unrelated note, she is cooing and "talking" so much more and holding sounds for a while. She's such a sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment