Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Overzealous

I realize that I should never brag about what hasn't happened to me.

During my entire pregnancy, my symptoms have been blessedly mild. Tired? A little. Fatigued? Kinda. Morning sickness? Nausea, but no vomiting.

Let me explain something about me and vomiting - it just doesn't happen. The last time I threw up was December of 2006. I will get nauseous, sick to my stomach. But I never throw up. I can't even MAKE myself throw up.

But it seems that God's sense of humor is over-ruling what I will and will not do....

I was enjoying lunch with my husband and -- wait, no. I was thirsty and arguing with my husband about where to go for lunch. That's more accurate. Anyway, we picked up food and I got a Fanta, a water and a baked potato. For breakfast, I'd had those tater tots from Burger King and OJ. We park at.. well, the park. Sit for a little bit. I started to feel sick. I take some water down. Take a couple sips of Fanta. I start to burp about every five seconds. Eric is eating his burger and fries and I'm just not able to stand the smell of his food and I'm thinking, I need to bring my lunch from now on. In about 5-7 seconds of warning time, I turn to Eric and say, "I think I'm going to throw up." I got out of the car and made a B-line to the closest trash can and no sooner than I reached it, I threw up. I threw up four times.

I look over to ask Eric for a napkin and he is looking at me completely horrified. "Can you give me a napkin?" I yell. He comes over with a single napkin. I go back and sit down.

There you go. I've officially thrown up. Thanks a lot, kid.

No, to be fair, it's my own fault. No more tots for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment